QuickBooks is robust accounting software that solves the accounting purposes of small and medium scale businesses. The software features a minimal interface and extensive feature list that can be used to increase the profitability of the business. In this self-help guide learn how to fix the QuickBooks desktop is unable to send your emails to outlook problem in QuickBooks Pro, Premier & QuickBooks desktop enterprise.
Fix QuickBooks Desktop is unable to send your emails to Outlook
- 1 Fix QuickBooks Desktop is unable to send your emails to Outlook
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Email Error
- 3 Symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Email Error
- 4 Fixation Methods of QuickBooks Desktop Email Error
- 5 Contact QuickBooks Error Support
While working on the software, there are various instances where users need to send emails to Outlook. However, sometimes the software fails to send emails to Outlook. If you have encountered a similar setback, read the article to the end to learn about the causes and fixation method of QuickBooks desktop is unable to send your emails to outlook error.
Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Email Error
There are various causes that are associated with email errors. Some of the prominent lists of reasons include:
- When email settings are correct, the error will appear on the screen.
- If the .dll file is damaged, the QuickBooks desktop email error will occur.
- When the software is not installed correctly, the error is inevitable.
- When important QuickBooks files are corrupted or deleted, the error will appear on the screen.
All these reasons lead to the error message QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Email Error
The symptoms of QuickBooks desktop email error include:
- QuickBooks frequently crashes at regular intervals.
- The overall performance of the computer system is compromised.
- The inputs from the mouse and keyboard become slow.
- The email error message pops up on the screen while users open the software.
Fixation Methods of QuickBooks Desktop Email Error
Once you have witnessed the error, you must fix the issue to avoid any data loss and unwanted complications.
Some of the prominent methods to fix the QuickBooks desktop email error are listed below.
Run QuickBooks As an Administrator
You can fix the email issue by running QuickBooks with administrator access. To run QuickBooks as an administrator, follow the steps below.
- Open Windows Start Menu and Type QuickBooks in the search bar.
- Open the location of the software and right-click the Quickooks.exe file, and select properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Then select Run This Program As Administrator and check the box
- Select Apply and OK.
Reopen the software and send a test mail. If you still see the error message, move to the next method.
Reinstall QuickBooks Again
Sometimes improper installation of QuickBooks leads to desktop email errors. To reinstall QuickBooks from scratch, follow the points listed below.
- Firstly, uninstall the software and remove all the components completely.
- Navigate to the official website of Intuit and download the latest version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Extract the installer and follow all the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks software.
Once you have reinstalled the software, send an email to check for the error. If the error persists, follow the next method,
Check Internet Explorer Email Preferences
To check internet explorer email preferences, follow the points below.
- Close QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools from the Settings menu and click on Internet Options.
- Select the Programs Tab and click on Set Programs.
- Under the Set Your Default Programs, Select the email service that you want to use.
- Select Apply and then OK.
Open QuickBooks software again and check for the error. If the error message appears on the screen, follow the next method.
Also, Read how to fix QuickBooks Script Error
Edit Email Preferences in QuickBooks
You can edit email preferences in QuickBooks and resolve the error. To edit the preferences, follow the steps below.
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to Edit Menu.
- Click on Preferences and select send forms from the menu.
- Next, click on my preferences tab and select QuickBooks email or webmail.
- Repeat the same steps and navigate to the My Preferences Tab.
- Select Outlook and click OK.
- Close QuickBooks and all other programs.
- Restart your operating system to make the necessary changes.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support
Open the software and check for the error. If you still see the error, it is speculated that the cause behind the error must be a technical glitch. Reach out to our QuickBooks desktop experts on the QuickBooks error support toll-free helpline number +1877-700-5829. Our Error support team offers 24/7 assistance to QuickBooks desktop users.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Does QuickBooks Outlook Not Respond?
QuickBooks’ older versions do not respond to Outlook because of improper installation, preferences, and corrupted .dll files.
Does Slow Internet Connection Reason for QuickBooks Desktop Email Error?
Yes, a slow internet connection also leads to QuickBooks desktop email error.