Fix Error Application Update Required QuickBooks Point Of Sale or QuickBooks Point of Sale Update Error
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) offers advanced inventory and customer management tools that aid users in seamless sale management. The retail point of sale system is suitable for various businesses such as gift shops, sporting goods, and more. At frequent intervals, QuickBooks rolls out crucial updates to elevate the functioning and fix issues in the POS. However, there are certain errors that pop on the screen while users try to update the QuickBooks desktop point of sale. Let’s understand the QuickBooks point of sale update error that restricts the user from updating QuickBooks POS.
What Error Messages Can You Expect?
There are certain POS error messages that can appear on the screen when users try to update QuickBooks POS. Some of QuickBooks point of sale update error messages that you can pop up on the screen are:
- Error: Could not load database
- The problem could not connect to the database.
- Error 181021 QuickBooks POS message
- Error 181016
What Causes QuickBooks POS Upgrade Error?
Certain triggers are associated with QuickBooks POS update errors. The list of major points that causes QuickBooks POS update error are:
- If there are multiple QuickBooks POS software installed on the same system.
- When essential, QuickBooks POS files are blocked by Windows Firewall.
- When users are not logged in with administrator rights
- The company data file folder is compromised.
- When a virus or malware attacks a crucial QuickBooks file
- When QuickBooks software is not installed to the latest version
- When the TCP/IP is disabled or not installed correctly
- QuickBooks Point of sale multi-user setup error
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks POS Upgrade Error
Now that you have identified the cause, you must understand the different methods to fix the QuickBooks point of sale update error and allow users to update the POS to the latest version. Follow the fixation methods listed below to fix the issue.
Access Windows System With Administrator Rights
To verify whether you are logged in to the operating system with administrator rights, follow the steps below.
- Press Windows+R to open the Run box
- Type Control Panel and navigate to the View by option tab.
- Next, click on user accounts.
- Click on the manage another account option and check whether the account has been logged in with administrator access.
Once you have verified, open QuickBooks and try to update the POS. If the error still exists, jump to the next method.
Rename the Company File
Before renaming the company file, you must open the existing company option and check for the same company name on the list. To rename the duplicate files, follow the steps below.
- Open the File menu and navigate to company operations.
- Click on rename company option to change the name of the file.
- Click on the Next button and write a new company name and save the changes.
Once you have renamed the file, check for the error. If the QuickBooks Point of sale update error still exists, follow the next method.
Update QuickBooks To the Latest Version
The POS error applicate update will appear if QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version. To update QuickBooks desktop:
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the Help button
- Hover to the software updates and click on check for new updates.
- If there are new updates, available users will get a pop-up message that will ask them to upgrade to the newest version of the accounting software.
You can also select the automatic update to remove the hassle of manually updating the software at frequent intervals.
Use QB POS Connection Tool
To use the QuickBooks POS Connectivity tool, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly download the latest version of the QB POS connection utility tool from the official website of Intuit.
- Agree to all the utility tool terms and conditions and initiate the installation process
- Open the tool and start the fixation process.
Let the tool run, and it will automatically check for all the possible errors.
Contact QuickBooks Point of Sale Experts
If the QuickBooks point of sale update error fixation methods mentioned above does not solve the issue, contact us to resolve the issue. Our QB POS support team offers 24/7 technical assistance to QuickBooks point of sale users who face multiple issues while working on the software.
What is QuickBooks POS?
QuickBooks POS offers advanced inventory, inventory tracking, and customer management tools that aid users in seamless sales management
What is QBPOS Connection Tool?
QuickBooks POS connectivity tool allows users to solve various issues that are associated with the POS system.