What is QuickBooks Error 3170?
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 3170?
- 2 Causes Of QuickBooks Error 3170?
QuickBooks, a software that has made the once difficult-looking operations quick, convenient and economic. The software developed by INTUIT has made meeting the accounting and financial needs of businesses more hassle-free than ever. In this support article, we will learn how to fix QuickBooks Error 3170.
The error message says “Error: Updating of item ‘Service/Labor’ in QuickBooks failed. Export canceled.
Details: Error Code: 3170 Severity: Error
Description: There was an error when modifying an Item service. Cannot use SalesAndPurchasMode aggregate when the item is not reimbursable.
But the software does carry out errors sometimes on different stages and the article today is about one such error, the error 3170.
This error code falls under the 3000 error code series. Usually, the error takes place when a similar name between QB point of sale and QuickBooks Desktop prevails.
When the above image appears, it represents QuickBooks error 3170. Before learning about the steps to troubleshoot, it is very important to understand how and why does such error takes places in the first place.
Learning the cause will make it easier to learn about the troubleshooting steps. There are a number of reasons for this error occurrence which are as follows-
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 3170?
- When elements of the customer/vendor list which is incomplete are modified or if the company file is corrupted.
- If some active programs are crashing in the background of windows, resulting in the error 3170.
- If certain QuickBooks documents get deleted by other applications or due to file corruption in the software itself.
- When the QuickBooks Point Of Sale (POS) is not having the most recent update available.
- When a user tries to change the customer/vendor list element.
Steps For Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 3170
After understanding what is status error 3170 and how and why it occurs, now the main objective of the article is here which is how to tackle the error. Given below are the solutions to rectify the error
Solution 1: Carefully inspect or examine the Point Of Sale (POS) as “Activity Log” under the point of sale.
Solution2: The explanation given above is when a user has seen an error code before the error contains the name of the client/vendor.
If no changes are shown then it is suggested to follow the additional method as explained below
- First, go to the QB desktop POS and then click on the customer list.
- Now right-click the mentioned column, then click on the customer tab and select your QuickBooks status.
- Now you have to sort out your given list and find the customer name and choose the QuickBooks status heading besides the error status
- The same procedure is to be practiced under the vendor list.
Solution 3: Edit the names of vendor/client under the QuickBooks Desktop screen
To perform the above-mentioned task
- Select the customer center under the client main menu
- The same procedure is to be done for the vendor center under the vendor list
- Then add number 1 at the end of that name and click the “OK” button.
- 4-Now run the financial exchange program
Solution 4: In this step, you have to merge all the edited names and also the newly added name using the QuickBooks Desktop software that user-created by QuickBooks financial exchange.
Follow the steps given below to do so
- Double click on the edited name of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, remove number 1 and click the OK button. Then QuickBooks will ask promptly to merge Customer/vendor into the list.
- You have to click on the yes option again.
This support article above will let resolve QuickBooks error 3170 by you as our QuickBooks error support experts have thrown light on all the aspects of this error along with the troubleshooting.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support to fix QuickBooks Error 3170
In case you get stuck fixing error 3170, contact QuickBooks error support experts on +1888-300-6790 & get instant support for QuickBooks errors.
“Best Small Business Business Tool” – QuickBooks Desktop 2021 awarded by American bookkeeping association
QuickBooks is used and trusted by over 4.5 million businesses worldwide and when we look into the QuickBooks services provided by Intuit, becomes easy to understand that why do so many trust it.
Let’s have a look at what you can do with the software
- Creating and sending professional GET invoices
- Makes it easy to use GST reports
- Designing and creating professional quotations
- Gives track of suppliers bills, payment, sale, invoices
- Keeps track cash flows with balance sheet and P&L account
- Importing transaction by using a bank account, automatically
- Lets you create a budget and purchase orders
- Allows you to access APIs as per the need of your business
- Importing data from Excel spreadsheet.