Many users encounter QuickBooks Error 1327 – the drive is invalid, which is the invalid drive letter error. It prevents users from working in the QuickBooks application. Learn how to fix this error code 1327 in easy troubleshooting steps.
What is QuickBooks Error 1327?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 1327?
- 2 Reasons why users can encounter QuickBooks error 1327.
- 3 Troubleshooting methods to solve QuickBooks error 1327.
- 3.1 Solution 1: Create A New Window User And Install Windows
- 3.2 Solution 2: Mending Registry Settings
- 3.3 Solution 3: Configuring Microsoft .Net Framework
- 3.4 Solution 4: Delete The Network Drive
- 3.5 Solution 5: Ensure That Storage Devices Have A Proper Connection
- 4 Contact QuickBooks Error Support
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
It is a QuickBooks Installation Error that usually occurs when the QuickBooks desktop has any difficulties while installing or when the drive recorded is unapproachable. QuickBooks error 1327 indicates that the system disconnects with system drives and every other portable storage drive.
Users encounter this issue while running the software on the system. In this case, when the user tries installing the media, a box appears on the screen that shows, Error Code 1327 ” The drive is invalid.” Or “Invalid drive letter.”
Reasons why users can encounter QuickBooks error 1327.
Many reasons can lead to this error, including
- Users can encounter this error if they have outdated Windows or issues with the Windows user
- You can face this error due to incorrect or improper registry settings.
- Users encounter this error if the Microsoft .Net framework is corrupted.
- If storage devices are corrupted or moved, you can face this QuickBooks error.
- If the system has any connection issues with the storage devices or with the cable, this issue can occur.
- If the software has any difficulties while installing, users can face this issue.
Troubleshooting methods to solve QuickBooks error 1327.
Though this is a tricky error of QuickBooks, we have mentioned the most effective troubleshooting methods to solve this issue. Let’s move forward.
Before we move on with complex troubleshooting methods, it is advised to check the list of drives available on your system in your computer option or PC. If your drive is not working properly, this issue can occur and in that case, you have to install new drives for your computer.
If error 1327 does not get resolved after installing a new drive to your system, follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned below.
Solution 1: Create A New Window User And Install Windows
To solve this issue, you can try to create a new Windows user and install Windows on your system.
(Note– the steps can vary depending on the version of Windows you are using)
On Windows 7 or 8
- First, click on the start button
- Then go to the control panel.
- After that, you have to select the user accounts and go for the manage another account option.
- Now, make a new account.
- Now, assign a name and choose the admin tab.
- Select the Create account option and then reboot the system.
- Now, you have to create a new Windows admin user.
- Log in to the PC with admin rights and try to install Windows again on your computer.
On Windows 10
- Click on the start button on your computer screen and click on the settings tab.
- Now, click on the accounts and select family and other people.
- Now, you have to add someone else to this PC tab.
- In the next step, you have to add a new Windows admin user in Windows 10.
- Enter a new password, name, and password hints, and click on the next tab.
- Try to install Windows.
Solution 2: Mending Registry Settings
If the issue persists, try changing the registry settings on your computer.
- For this, you have to create a backup of the system registry.
- Now, press the Windows+R tab simultaneously and then type in Regedit.
- Now, click on the Run tab.
- Once it’s done, navigate to the key:
- Now you have to try and find out the entries that list the drive letters mentioned in the message.
- Now, you have to mend the incorrect drive names to C:\.
- To end the process, save the settings and restart your computer.
- Try the reinstallation and once the installation is done, you have to revert the changes that you have made to the registry before.
Solution 3: Configuring Microsoft .Net Framework
Next, you can try to configure your Microsoft .Net framework. Follow the steps mentioned below for doing that.
- Click the start button on your Windows and go to programs in the control panel.
- Here, you will be able to see the option to turn Windows features on/off.
- Confirm with the admin password and then you have to uncheck the box corresponding to Microsoft .net framework.
- Restart the system once done.
- Now, you have to open programs and follow the same steps again.
- This time you have to check the box corresponding to Microsoft .net framework.
Solution 4: Delete The Network Drive
If a corrupted network drive causes this issue, this should be solved when you delete the network drive from your system.
- First, click on the start button
- Then move towards programs.
- Now, you have to tap on the Windows Explorer tab.
- Now, you have to select the map network drive that you will be able to see in the tool menu.
- As the next step, you have to shell the folder, uncheck reconnect at logon, and also write the path.
- Tap OK.
- At last, you have to restart the Windows and install the applications.
Solution 5: Ensure That Storage Devices Have A Proper Connection
This issue can occur when the storage devices don’t have a proper connection to connect with your system. To make sure that it isn’t the issue, you have to recheck all the cables and other related things properly.
Also, make sure to check if the USBs or Flash devices that you use to install QuickBooks desktop are connected properly to your system and functioning without any defects.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support
QuickBooks Error 1327 should be solved after trying the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods. But if unfortunately, you are still having the same issue with your QuickBooks, you can reach out to our QuickBooks error support expert to fix this QuickBooks error for you.
Hope you have succeeded in solving QuickBooks Error 1327 with the help of this article.
Similar 13XX Series Error
- QuickBooks Error 1304 – Error writing to file QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Installation Error 1334
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Understand That QuickBooks Has Error Code 1327?
You’ll understand that you are having this error if you have any problem installing the software on your system. Moreover, you will be able to see this error code on your desktop screen.
What Is The Main Reason Behind QuickBooks Error 1327?
This error mostly occurs when your drivers are not properly connected to your computer and that’s why you should always check the connections before applying the complex troubleshooting methods.
What Is The Most Effective Way To Solve QuickBooks Error 1327?
The best possible way is to correct the path in the registry editor. In most cases, the issue gets resolved after applying this troubleshooting method.