QuickBooks encountered a network problem while processing a payment or form. This error can prevent you from completing your payment or any important file. If you are facing the same error, here we will discuss some troubleshooting methods to solve this problem.
What are the reasons behind this issue?
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the reasons behind this issue?
- 2 Things you should consider before applying any troubleshooting method
- 3 How to fix QuickBooks encountered a network problem
- 3.1 Method 1: Turn off and on start-up items and services to identify which program or services are bothering with QuickBooks
- 3.2 Method 2: Check the proxy settings
- 3.3 Method 3: Flush the DNS using the Command Prompt
- 3.4 Method 4: Clear the history of the Internet Explorer browser
- 3.5 Method 5: Exclude the revocation from the Internet Explorer
- 3.6 Method 6: Change Internet Explorer’s Compatibility View settings
- 3.7 Method 7: Change the Settings of internet connection in QuickBooks
- 3.8 Method 8: Use the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- 3.9 Contact QuickBooks Error Support
- 3.10 FAQ’s
- 3.11 What is the main reason for network problems in QuickBooks?
- 3.12 How to find the QuickBooks server name?
- 3.13 Can QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to help with network issues?
There can be several reasons behind this QuickBooks network error problem. Some of the key reasons are mentioned below.
- This network issue can occur due to a close underlying connection that prevents QuickBooks from connecting to the remote server.
- If there is a remote name issue, you can encounter this error. Remember, the remote name ‘intuit.com’ could not be resolved, and in that case, you have to try submitting that again.
- You can encounter this issue if there is some internal error.
Things you should consider before applying any troubleshooting method
Reminder if your QuickBooks encountered a network problem, ensure this before performing any troubleshooting method, you have to consider a few things.
- Make sure to have the latest release of the payroll taxable.
- Make sure that you are using the latest update of QuickBooks.
- Make sure that the date and time of your system are correct.
- You should be using QuickBooks in single-user mode.
- Make sure that your system firewall or antivirus is not blocking QuickBooks from accessing the remote server.
- Make sure to have a valid payroll subscription.
- Make sure that you can access the secure website from your web browser.
- Make sure that your Microsoft TLS version is not older than TLS 1.2
Once you have verified all the points mentioned above and everything is alright, you can try the troubleshooting methods.
How to fix QuickBooks encountered a network problem
Simple steps & easy methods to fix QuickBooks encountered a network problem error in QuickBooks desktop. Below are the troubleshooting methods as follows:-
Method 1: Turn off and on start-up items and services to identify which program or services are bothering with QuickBooks
- First, log in as an administrator in QuickBooks and go to the company.
- Select set up users and password and set up users. Make sure to choose someone who can regularly work with QuickBooks.
- Input the challenge question and add an answer to complete the process. Click on finish.
Now, you have to start your computer with selective startup features.
- After starting the windows, select run and type MSConfig, followed by clicking ok.
- Now, after going on the general tab, select selective startup.
- Click on the load system services and clear the check box on the load setup items.
- Tap on hiding all the Microsoft services that you would be able to find under the services tab. Click on disable all.
- Now, verify the Windows Installer checkbox under service and if it is not already checked, check it.
- Restart your computer and check whether the problem is solved or not. For doing this, you have to try sending an e-payment by using QuickBooks.
Also, Read How to Run QuickBooks in selective startup mode.
Method 2: Check the proxy settings
If unfortunately, the issue is not solved yet, you can go for the proxy settings. For doing that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Check the proxy settings and go to the help menu on the QuickBooks desktop, and select internet connection setup.
- Click on the Next button
- Now go to the LAN settings that you would find under the advanced connection option.
- If you see that the proxy information has been set here, you have to remove that.
Method 3: Flush the DNS using the Command Prompt
Use DNS flush command to repair QuickBooks encountered a network problem error.
- Press Ctrl + R keys on your keyboard
- When the Run window opens, type CMD and press enter from your keyboard.
- The command prompt window will open. Here, you have to type ipconfig/flushdns and hit enter.
- Try to do your work on QuickBooks once again and see whether the issue is solved or not.
Method 4: Clear the history of the Internet Explorer browser
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the tools menu.
- Click on the browsing history option and check all the things, including Internet files and temporary internet files.
- Now, click on the delete button from your keyboard and hit OK.
- Try to use payroll payment on your QuickBooks account
Method 5: Exclude the revocation from the Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click on tools.
- Select Internet options and go to the advanced tab.
- Go to the security tab and remove the tick mark from check for publishers revocation and check for server certificate revocation.
- Click the ok button and reboot your system.
Method 6: Change Internet Explorer’s Compatibility View settings
Change internet explorer settings to fix QuickBooks encountered a network problem.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the tools menu.
- From there, go to the compatibility view settings option and click on the website field.
- Here, enter intuit.com
- Click on add button option to add it.
- Close the window and try to use QuickBooks.
Also, Check how to fix the QuickBooks internet explorer turned off error.
Method 7: Change the Settings of internet connection in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and click on the help menu option.
- Select Internet connection setup and then click on the Use my computer’s Internet connection settings option.
- Click on the next button to continue.
- Select the advanced connection setting that opens up the internet options window. Here you will be able to see settings like
- Change Pop-Up blocker settings
- Change Cookies settings
- Update trusted sites
- Change Advanced Security settings and try to e-pay.
Method 8: Use the QuickBooks file doctor tool
QuickBooks Tool Hub amazing tool that can identify the errors of QuickBooks and resolve them by itself. You can try to take some help from this tool, if there was any other problem with your connection, this tool might solve that. You can install & run the QuickBooks tool hub to repair the QuickBooks encountered network problem error in the QuickBooks desktop.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support
Your issue should be solved by now. If unfortunately, even after applying all the methods correctly, you are still facing the QuickBooks encountered a network problem issue, it is advised to consult our QuickBooks error support team for further assistance.
What is the main reason for network problems in QuickBooks?
There can be several reasons behind this issue, but one of the most common reasons is that the antivirus or firewall of your system is blocking QuickBooks to access the internet.
How to find the QuickBooks server name?
To find the QuickBooks server name, you have to go to the Windows start menu and search for the database. From there, you have to open the QuickBooks database server manager.
Can QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to help with network issues?
Yes. QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is developed to identify the problems with the software and fix them seamlessly. You can install that tool from the official website of Intuit and try to troubleshoot the issue.