Fix Quickbooks Error Missing Name List Problem
- 1 Fix Quickbooks Error Missing Name List Problem
- 2 Reasons for QuickBooks Error “Missing Name List Problem”?
- 3 Solutions to Resolve Error – Missing Name List Problem (QuickBooks Desktop 2022)
In this support article, learn how to repair the QuickBooks error missing name list problem by using simple troubleshooting steps. However, the only weakness of QuickBooks is that it faces errors and bugs that disturb the important work while performing the important tasks.
QuickBooks software has completely evolved the world of Bookkeeping and Accounting. This software is always loved by its users due to its numerous tools and technical features. It has been praised by multiple companies and firms worldwide. It is a very popular software among users due to its advanced features.
QuickBooks Error Missing name list problem is a very common QuickBooks Error among QuickBooks users. This error occurs when you have some missing names, items, and accounts in a few areas of the QB desktop. There is no need to worry as every problem has a solution. All you need to do is give a little time to read this article with patience and follow the troubleshooting steps we have provided.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error “Missing Name List Problem”?
Before applying any solution, you need to know the source of the problem. With the help of this, many of your problems will get fixed automatically.
The reasons why QuickBooks error missing name list problem occurs can be the following:
- Damaged system files of Windows.
- Incorrect or incomplete installation of the software can cause an error missing name list problem.
- Improper removal of applications.
- Third-party applications.
- Antivirus can also cause this error as it puts the system at risk of errors.
- Corrupt files.
- Shutting down the system improperly.
- Virus attack.
Now that we have discussed the causes for the QuickBooks error missing name list problem. Let’s move further to talk about the troubleshooting, where we will show you all the latest solutions helpful in fixing this issue completely.
Solutions to Resolve Error – Missing Name List Problem (QuickBooks Desktop 2022)
If you have any problem/error while using the QuickBooks software, you need to read all these solutions very carefully.
Solution 1: QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor is a great tool that is easily available for users in the QuickBooks Tool Hub Software system. This tool is an incredible option to resolve most of the problems related to corporate files. Here is how you can use this tool to fix the problem:
- First of all, install the QB Tool Hub software system.
- Launch the tool hub.
- Go to the company file problems section.
- Find and click on the button “Run QuickBooks File Doctor.”
- Find the company file you are facing a problem with. Click on the repair option to fix it.
- This tool will automatically detect the problem and fix it. You will get notified about it.
Solution 2: Perform a Clean Install
The QuickBooks clean install utility will be helpful for you to eliminate all the broken and corrupted QuickBooks files from the system. Here is how you need to do this.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Navigate to Installation problems.
- Click on the clean install tool button.
- The clean install method will be performed.
Solution 3: Using Auto Data Recovery
You can also use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery method for recovering all recent transactions. For this purpose, you will need to have the ADR version of the file and the initial dealing Log file.
The QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is available for the Premier, Professional, and Enterprise versions of QuickBooks.
- You can’t make use of the info recovery in the controller editions.
- The file size limit is 1.5 GB.
- You need to be using the latest version of QuickBooks.
Now, let’s take a look at the way to restore the files with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
- Create a folder on your system named QBTest.
- Open the folder where the company file is located.
- Find the .tlg to access the company file folder.
If you are unable to find the .tlg file, you will need to try these steps to show file extensions.
- Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer.
- Go to Organize and choose Folder and Search choices.
- For Windows 8, 8.1, & 10, you will need to choose “read” and then select file name extension.
- Click on Hide extensions for all file types.
- Click Apply, then Ok to close the dialog box.
- Go to the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder. It is one of the exact locations for your company file.
- Copy the .QBW.adrfile from here and past it to the QBTest folder. You will need to have the .tlg and .QBW.adr files present in the QBTest folder.
- Right-click on .QBW.adr file and rename it.
- Delete .adr from the file.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Open the file you saved in the QBTest folder. Register with your account to verify all the transactions area units there.
- Go to File and then Utilities and verify your information to check the status of the recovered file.
- If this copy is good, you can move the broken file to the original location and transfer the copy from QBTest to the initial location.
Solution 4: Restore Backup from Earlier Version
Press the F2 key after launching the QuickBooks desktop. Find the last backup or rebuild done for your QuickBooks company file. Check the location of the company files stored locally.
You can perform this solution with the help of the following:
- Tap on the company file.
- Now, open or restore the company.
- Click on restore a backup copy and then click Next.
- You will need to ensure that you have selected Local Backup. Now, click on the next.
- Finally, you can click Save to complete the process.
The solutions we have provided here are helpful enough to solve the problem regarding QuickBooks Error missing name list problem. After reading this article, you can fix this issue on your own because all of these solutions can be implemented easily.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Support Experts
However, if you face any problems while performing these solutions, please contact QuickBooks error support number +1888-727-4587 to get further guidance. QuickBooks desktop certified experts will listen to your situation and help you to resolve the error in no time.