Like several different errors, QuickBooks Error 1625 is a desktop update error that can prevent you from working on your QuickBooks software.
What Is QuickBooks Error 1625?
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is QuickBooks Error 1625?
- 2 Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 1625
- 3 Before You Start
- 4 Troubleshooting Methods To Solve Error 1625
- 5 Contact QuickBooks Experts
QuickBooks Error 1625 is an installation error that can occur while you are trying to install or update the software on your system. You can also face this error when you are running Windows Installer on your system. You may see a message on your computer screen that states that the system policy has forbidden the installation.
This error code prevents you from installing your software or updating it. On the other hand, you should always keep your software up to date, but because of this error, you might not be able to do that.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 1625
There can be several reasons behind QuickBooks error 1625. Some of the primary reasons are as follows.
- You have a malware or virus attack on your computer that has affected the Windows registry, framework records, and program files that are connected with the installer.
- You’ve made certain changes in the installer programming that have affected the Windows registry.
- A program present on your computer may have deleted the files that were related to the Windows installer and interrupted the installation of QuickBooks.
- You can see the error code if your installer is stopping you from programming
- The framework of your Windows Installer is somehow damaged.
Before You Start
Before starting to apply the troubleshooting methods, you have to recheck a few things.
- Verify gadget drivers who have become obsolete. (Test the driver and see if any of those is not working)
Troubleshooting Methods To Solve Error 1625
Though it is not a common error that everyone faces, there are some troubleshooting methods that can be helpful to solve this issue.
Method 1: Use the Regedit Command for QuickBooks in Windows
The error can be caused by certain issues with your system. You can try to solve those issues by implementing the Regedit command.
Follow the steps below-mentioned steps for doing that.
- First, you have to tap on the start menu of your Windows.
- Go to the search menu and input the command and hit the enter key on the keyboard
- Now, from the keyboard, press Ctrl” key + “Shift” key and click the enter button
- You’ll be able to see a dialog box on your screen asking for your permission. Click on yes.
- Now, there will be a black box with a blinking culture on your screen and here, you will have to input Regedit and hit enter
- Go to the File menu and click on export
- Now you have to choose a suitable name for your backup file, such as Windows Installer backup.
- Opt for the branch you have chosen and choose the export range box along with that.
- Click on save.
(Note – make sure to add the .red file extension for saving the file).
- As the Windows installer’s backup is ready, now you can try to open QuickBooks and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 2: Change or Configure the UAC Settings
You can try to change the configuration of the UAC settings to solve the issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps for doing that.
- Go to the start button
- Navigate to the search box and right MSCONFIG. Hit enter
- Select the continue button and in the next window, you will be able to see the Change UAC settings option highlighted.
- Press the launch button and choose the option Never Notify.
- You may be asked to restart your machine and you have to restart that.
- Once your machine gets restarted, check whether the problem is solved or not.
Also, Check Payroll Pin Activation Error 30159
Method 3: Properly Administer Windows Settings Configuration
You must double-check that your Windows settings are configured correctly. You can follow the below-mentioned steps for doing that
For Windows 7/8/10
- First, you have to access the dialogue box of Run on your window system.
(Note – you can use the windows and the R key from your keyboard to open the dialog box)
- In the dialog box of Run, write gpedit.msc
- Select OK.
- Go to the window of local computer policy
- Now, select the option of computer configuration.
- Navigate to administrative templates
- Go to Windows components
- Now, head towards Windows Installer.
- Now, you have to apply the vendor signed updates and for that, double click on the prohibit non-administrators option.
- Click on disable
- Lastly, press ok
- Check whether the issue is resolved.
For Windows XP
Now, follow the steps mentioned below to administrate Windows settings configured properly.
- First, click on Start and select Run
- In Run, write the command gpedit.msc
- Hit ok
- Go to computer configuration
- Now, navigate to the admin templates
- Click on Windows components.
- Choose the option of Windows Installer.
- Now, to apply vendor-signed updates, double click on prohibit non-administrators.
- Click on disable and tap ok.
- Check whether the problem is resolved.
The QuickBooks error 1625 should be solved by now but if it is not, go to the next method
Method 4: Configuration of Software Restriction Policy
You can configure the software restriction policy of Windows to solve this issue. Follow the below-mentioned steps for doing that.
- Go to the start option and launch the control panel.
- Navigate to admin tools and open that. Click on local security settings.
- Look for the option of software restriction policies and click on it.
- You’ll be able to see the option of the software restriction policy node—Right-click on it when the software restriction policy has not been defined.
- Click on the new software restriction policy
- Double-click on the enforcement
- Select all users except the local admin
- Click OK
Restart your computer and once it is restarted, try to open QuickBooks and update QuickBooks to latest release to check whether the problem is resolved.
Contact QuickBooks Experts
If unfortunately, even after applying all of these methods, you are still having the same issue, it is advised to contact QuickBooks error support for further assistance. Make sure to follow every step and not avoid any step in a hurry.
Hope this self-support article was helpful to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Main Reason Behind QuickBooks Error 1625?
A corrupted Windows registry is the most common issue that causes the QuickBooks error 1625.
What Problems Should I Face Due To QuickBooks Error 1625?
This is an update error that will prevent you from updating your QuickBooks to the newest version. It can also prevent you from installing the software on your system. That’s why it is important to troubleshoot the error as soon as possible.
What Are The Requirements To Perform The Troubleshooting Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1625?
For performing the troubleshooting methods, you just need to have your own QuickBooks that you have purchased and the right guidance. You can go through the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps in this article.