QuickBooks error C=88 (Unable to read one or more data trees in the file)
Table of Contents
- 1 QuickBooks error C=88 (Unable to read one or more data trees in the file)
Occasionally, you might come across a malefic error message or an unexpected error message similar to these:
## R# (M=1153, L=133, C=88, V=28 (FFFFFFF4))
“C-errors” errors, classic structure errors, logical errors, and data errors, appear in the QBWin.log in the above format. Due to the major improvements made in QuickBooks, and the enhanced quality of Alpha/Beta testing linked with most releases, “C-errors” are far rarer in the newer versions of the software, than in the older versions.
QuickBooks Error Code C=88 mostly occurs while, either you are working on QuickBooks Software or authenticating data within the company file and there happens to be some kind of data problem. Under a few circumstances, the QuickBooks Error C=88 error occurs repeatedly in the exact same program location or function and is capable of repetition.
Intuit developed QuickBooks the leading accounting software that is being used by vast business owners around the globe. The features that QuickBooks offers for both small and medium-sized businesses give the business owners a way of keeping track of the accounts, as well as a vision for the growth and expansion of their business. QuickBooks gives its customers the privilege to contact its Customer Service Team, as they are known as our ProAdvisors, anywhere, anytime in case of an issue.
Are you stuck with QuickBooks error c 88 or c series error code, Call QuickBooks support phone number +1888-727-4587 for QuickBooks data recovery and technical support.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=88
To be fair, there can be numerous reasons why this error occurs, but in major cases, it occurs because:
- Corrupted or damaged data file
- Low computer or network resources
QuickBooks Error C=88 – Why is it happening? Corrupted or damaged data file
In some scenarios, QuickBooks is unable to figure out what is to be done with a corrupted or damaged transaction. The C=88 error will occur in a similar location and function, and it can also be reproduced. Common causes of corrupted/damaged data are:
- Power deluge or power withdraw
- Unexpected shutdown or computer system crash
- Network issues
- Low resources on the workstations or network
QuickBooks was unable to contact the data file. Computer and network resources that might cause this issue include:
- Processor clock speed and memory (RAM) on individual workstations and the server
- Network interface cards (NICs)
- Network cables
- The network connection hardware (hub, switch, or router)
Extensive usage of several workstations can cause a temporary shortage of resources. If it is not possible to replicate the error, then probably low resources are the cause.
Please note, that persistent low system resources are a possible cause of data damage. If you are experiencing low resources, please upgrade your system or network to prevent further data damage in the future.
How to Repair QuickBooks Error C=88:
The appropriate course of action for C=88 error messages depends on the cause of the error:
- On the system where the data file is stored, exit and restart QuickBooks software.
- Run and rebuild the data utility
- When the QuickBooks Rebuild Data utility is complete, run the verify data utility to make sure that there is no problem with the data.
- If the error recurs:
- Restore a recent company backup file; also do not overwrite the current file.
- Do a test to see if the error occurs in the already stored data, by performing the same steps in the restored file as you were about to with your current data file when the error first occurred.
- If the error does not take place, then begin re-entering the data since the backup was first made.
- If the error occurs, then try and restore another backup or you can also contact our ProAdvisors to see if your file can be sent for data recovery.
It is possible that you can resolve the error immediately by restarting your workstations and your server, but to be honest, this would be a temporary solution.
The following suggestions might help prevent possible future data damage due to low resources on your system or the network:
- Increase the RAM (memory) on your workstations and on your server. The amount of memory you need is parallel with the version of QuickBooks you are using and is running on your system.
- Increase the processor clock speed on your workstation/computer system.
- Make sure that all of your Network Interfaces are set to Auto Detect or Auto Select. (an IT person can help you with this)
- If you have a hub, replace it with a switch that has a 1 gigabit port for the server and 100 megabit ports for the workstations.
Contact QuickBooks Experts to fix QuickBooks Error C88
These solutions are ought to solve the error, to avoid the errors in the first place you can upgrade your computer system, and replace it with a compatible RAM to run QuickBooks software.
Upgrading your workstation, and keeping it accordingly will help you in getting rid of so many other issues and errors as well. If that doesn’t help, our ProAdvisors are 24*7 available through phone calls, and emails, and you can also directly contact our QuickBooks error support team at +1888-727-4587.