What is QuickBooks Error Code C=47
Table of Contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error Code C=47
- 1.1 Instances of QuickBooks Error Code C=47
- 1.2 Causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=47
- 1.3 How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=47 (Step by Step Solutions)
- 1.3.1 Solution #1 -Repair QuickBooks Error Code C=47 by Updating your QuickBooks Desktop
- 1.3.2 Update QuickBooks Using Immediate Update Method
- 1.3.3 To check and download the updates for QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- 1.3.4 Solution #2- Repair QuickBooks Desktop To Fix Error C=47 in QuickBooks
- 1.3.5 Solution #3- Restore a QuickBooks company file backup to fix QuickBooks error c=47
- 1.3.6 Contact QuickBooks Error Support Experts to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=47
While opening QuickBooks Desktop or performing an action on QuickBooks desktop users encounters QuickBooks error code c=47. This error code usually comes up with a warning message stating Error Code C=47 QuickBooks has encountered a problem, please restart your computer. If you continue to see this error note the value of C= and contact technical support.
This is a rare QuickBooks desktop error code that gets resolved normally by restarting the system.
But if there is an issue with your company file or data file, the error might persist even after restarting the computer. Follow the instructions provided in this article to eliminate QuickBooks error code C=47.
Instances of QuickBooks Error Code C=47
Error Code C=47 in QuickBooks occurs due to a missing transaction file while running a report on the QuickBooks desktop. There are other instances as well when error code C=47 occurs but usually, it happens while modifying transactions on QuickBooks desktop.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=47
There can be many instances where QuickBooks error code c=47 can occur and some possible causes of this error code are:-
- QuickBooks desktop is not updated
- QuickBooks installation not done correctly
- QuickBooks company file or data file is damaged
- Internet Explorer has not allowed access to QuickBooks services
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=47 (Step by Step Solutions)
To fix QuickBooks error code c=47 it is recommended to simply close QuickBooks and restart the system. If this universal solution doesn’t work follow the troubleshooting steps in the provided solutions.
Also check how to recover QuickBooks desktop password.
Solution #1 -Repair QuickBooks Error Code C=47 by Updating your QuickBooks Desktop
Update QuickBooks Using Immediate Update Method
If you have disabled automatic updates or your automatic updates are not functioning properly, Use a quick update method for QuickBooks desktop update. Intuit recommends users to check for updates monthly if they are using this method to download updates.
To check and download the updates for QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Locate Help in the menu and click Update QuickBooks
- Go to the Update Now window
- Select all the updates that you want to download and select Get Updates
Solution #2- Repair QuickBooks Desktop To Fix Error C=47 in QuickBooks
Note down the QuickBooks error message you see on the screen and report it to QuickBooks error support to get updated solutions by Intuit QuickBooks experts to repair various QuickBooks desktop errors. We have various error support articles on our blog. Search in the support community for the error code you are getting.
- Close all the running QuickBooks windows
- Restart the system
- Go to the start button and type control panel
- In the control panel window, choose programs and features
- locate QuickBooks and click on uninstall/change
- Choose to continue and the next option
- Select to repair your Quickbooks and let the repair process complete
- Click on finish and restart your desktop
- After restarting the desktop, Open your QuickBooks and download the latest release of QuickBooks desktop and download the latest tax table.
Solution #3- Restore a QuickBooks company file backup to fix QuickBooks error c=47
- Open QuickBooks in no company open mode
- By holding CTRL and clicking on the QuickBooks icon
- Go to file click on open or restore company file
- Choose next and open the latest backup of your QuickBooks company file
Contact QuickBooks Error Support Experts to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=47
If any of the solutions do not help you resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=47. Get help from QuickBooks desktop experts on Quickbooks error support phone number +1888-727-4587. Get instant remote support for fixing QuickBooks desktop errors like C=47.