Error 334 QuickBooks or QuickBooks Error OL-334
The QuickBooks Error OL-334 occurs while performing online banking transactions and/or updating bank accounts online. For several users, the error also occurs when entering the wrong pin for a transaction, beyond the permitted limit. Here are some effective ways to fix the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error OL-334
Besides banking-related errors, there may be a few other causes for getting this error too. Listed below are some common reasons for error 334 QuickBooks.
- The bank is unable to validate account information
- New bank updates are available
- Issues with the bank server
- Problem with internet connection
- Incorrect login details
- Trying to establish a connection with an account that is inactive
- The server is unavailable or under maintenance
- Corrupt company files
- Using an old version of QuickBooks or the OS (Operating System) is outdated
- Inaccurate format downloads when exporting and/or importing
- Online account improperly configured in QuickBooks
Things to Consider Before Troubleshooting Error 334 QuickBooks
Before you can troubleshoot to try and fix the error, there are some important details that you must check for:
- Check your internet connection – online banking requires that you stay connected to the internet
- Check your system’s security configuration and firewall settings
- You must have the latest version of QuickBooks. Your OS should also be updated with the latest version
- Check if the transactions are downloaded from the bank to the company file folder. Else you must get in touch with your bank and request account verification
- Before troubleshooting, you must be logged in to your account from an online website or a different system. The bank feeds folders along with the Connlog.txt file need to be checked for connection failure logs. These need to be furnished to the bank as proof of errors. You can then get in touch with the bank so they can troubleshoot the error from their end.
How to fix Error 334 QuickBooks (Troubleshooting Steps)
Some common solutions to fix this error may include:
1. Enable the TLS 1.2 Security Protocol
QuickBooks Error 334 is majorly caused because of banking problems. Hence the first thing that you should do is check the settings of your Internet Explorer to ensure there is no script error in QuickBooks. Enabling TLS 1.2 while disabling TLS 1.0 may help in fixing the error.
- Open the Internet Explorer (should be the latest version which is Internet Explorer 11)
- Click on Settings (a gear icon located on the top right-hand side of the IE)
- Scroll down to Internet Options and click on Advanced Tab
- Under the Security section locate TLS options – you must check the box of USE TLS 1.2 and uncheck the box of USE TLS 1.0
- Apply the changes made and click OK
- Restart the system to check if the error has been resolved
2. Create a New Account and Merge the Accounts
- Right-click on the account that is creating problems and select Edit Account
- You need to highlight the account name and then click on the Copy option
- Type an * (asterisk) at the end of the account name
- Next, click on Bank Feed Settings and then select Deactivate All Online Services option
- Click on Save and then Close
- Now click on Chart of Accounts to create a fresh account
- First close and then reopen Company File
- Click on Chart of Accounts and then on Edit Account
- Remove the * (asterisk) you placed earlier and right-click on the account to select it
- Click on Save and then Close
- You will be prompted – if you want to set up an account for Bank Feeds, you must give your consent by clicking on the Yes
- Finally, download the transactions to the newly merged account that you just created
3. Create a New Test Company File
The below steps can help identify whether or not an issue is a form of the bank or bank servers:
- In the File menu of QuickBooks, select New Company and then Express Start
- Add the problematic bank account in the new test company and set it up for Bank Feeds
- Download the Bank Feed transactions to the test account
- If the error continues to pop up then the error is arising because there is a problem with the bank or the bank servers.
Contact Our Experts to Resolve Error 334 QuickBooks
Error 334 is a common error, and the above solutions can help in fixing them. However, if the problem persists, then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team. We will provide you with our expertise and help in fixing all types of errors you face in QuickBooks.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL-232
QuickBooks Error Code OL-232 usually occurs while updating the bank account using online services. This QuickBooks error arises due to an internet connection problem, and the bank information is not updated, etc.
Why does QuickBooks Error Code OL-232 Occur?
- Temporary problem with the bank’s server
- Internet connection problem
- Using an outdated version of QuickBooks or Windows
- Issues in the company file
Steps to Perform Before Fixing Error OL-232
Contacting the Bank
We suggest you contact your bank before trying any solution because there is a chance that they are working with their website or server, and this could be the reason for facing this error on the QuickBooks application. In case they are having some issues, you need to wait for 24-48 hours.
Creating Backup of Company File
Create a local backup of QuickBooks company file
- Open QuickBooks Application
- Go to File > Back Up Company > Create Local Backup
- Follow the instructions on your screen for creating a backup
Update QuickBooks Desktop using the integrated update manager.
- Open QuickBooks Application
- Click Help > Update QuickBooks
- Find and open the Update Now tab and tap on Get Updates
- Close the application once the update is complete
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error OL-232
Step 1: Deactivating and Reactivating Bank Feeds
Deactivating Bank Feed
- Open List > Chart of Accounts or press (CTRL+A)on your keyboard
- Find the accounts from the list that are causing the error and Right-click on the account(s), and then select Edit Account
- Open Bank Feed Settings
- Choose Deactivate All Online Services
- Save and Close
Reactivating Bank Feed
- Open List > Chart of Accounts (CTRL+A)
- Find the deactivated accounts from the list and right-click on them to Edit Account
- Tap on Set Up Bank Feeds and then click Yes to automatically close all open windows of QuickBooks
- Enter the bank(s) on the next screen and click Continue
- On the next window, you will need to enter your Username and Password of your bank and choose Connect
- It will take some time for QuickBooks to fetch your bank account(s) and then Link the account(s) with a respective existing account
- Tap Next to proceed
Step 2: Running Verify and Rebuild Utilities
Running Verify Utilities
Use QuickBooks Verify data tool.
- Open QuickBooks Application
- Tap File > Utilities > Verify Data
- Tap OK and close all the open windows
- Click OK if QuickBooks doesn’t detect any problem with the data
- Click Rebuild if QuickBooks detects some issue with the data
Running Rebuild Utilities
Use QuickBooks Rebuild Tool
- Tap File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Tap OK and choose Save for creating a backup
- Click on View Results once the rebuild is done
- If there are 0 issues, please follow the further steps mentioned below
- If there are some issues in your data, you can consult with the experts
Step 3: Creating a Test Company File
The purpose of creating a new test file is to figure out if the problem is with your company file or bank. Follow the below steps for creating a new company file:
- Tap File > New Company
- Tap Start Setup and Skip
- Provide the required information and then click on Create Company
- QuickBooks will require some time to create a new company file
- Once the setup is done! Click on Start Working
- Now you need to add the bank account to the test file
If you are able to download the bank transactions after creating a new test file, there is some problem with your primary company file. You can call QuickBooks experts for more troubleshooting.
However, if you cannot download the bank transactions in the test file, it means your bank will need identity verification or they are making some changes to their website or server.
Step 4: Enabling TLS 1.2 Security Protocol
- Open Run box by pressing Windows + R
- Type INETCPL.CPL and press enter to open Internet Properties
- Go to Advanced Tab
- Scroll down and find the security section
- Uncheck the box that says Use TLS 1.0 and check the box that says Use TLS 1.2
- Click on Apply and OK to exit
- Restart your computer to apply changes
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts to Repair Error Code ol-232 QuickBooks
These steps will help you to fix the QuickBooks error code OL-232. However, if you are still facing the problem after following the above mentioned steps, you will need to contact the QuickBooks Desktop Support Team, and they will help you to fix this issue.
Error OL-393: The error message says that QuickBooks and the bank cannot synchronize data because details cannot be confirmed by the bank from QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error OL393 mostly comes up when the user is not a regular user i.e. he uses QuickBooks after a certain period of time. The Bank refuses to synchronize with QuickBooks due to some security issues. The solution to this error is you can deactivate online banking and reactivate it but keep in mind that first, you D-sync your bank account from QuickBooks.
For any further queries call QuickBooks customer service +1-888-300-6790.