What is QuickBooks error -6190 -816 & How to fix it?
No matter how perfect your software is, every software has some minor or major errors. QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 is one of the most common errors found.
QuickBooks Error -6190, -816 has been described as “QuickBooks was not able to open the company file [path] in the central computer.” which explains that your business data is not accessible.
QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 can occur due to a variety of reasons, including:
- The enterprise log file is not matching with the company file. The Transaction Log file is the summary of operations done by the enterprise and is automatically saved by QuickBooks.
It has stored as [company_filename].qbw.tlg file. You can’t open it, then convert this file into Company Data File (QBW). Hence, when the “QBW” file doesn’t match with its associated “.TLG” file, the QuickBooks shows issues -6190, -816.
- Another justification can be due to update failure. When a company file has been updated on a different computer without updating its transaction file, it will show QuickBooks error -6190, -816.
- The third reason for this error can be affected when another user is accessing the company files in Single User Mode.
- The least possible justification for this error is Data Corruption in the QuickBooks data file. But it is important to identify data corruption in QuickBooks.
How to solve QuickBooks Error -6190, -816: Before performing anything in your QuickBooks, make sure your QuickBooks software has updated to the latest version.
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool To Repair File with error 6190:
- Download the “QuickBooks File Doctor” Tool and install and run it.
- Logged in as Administrator.
- It will show you two choices: Both file damage and network connectivity and Network connectivity only
- Select the first option as it will identify corrupted or damaged files and will help to resolve the error -619.
- Next, it will request a password. Insert your Admin password.
- It will then request whether the company file is on the computer or on The Web.
- Select “Yes” if you’re using the company file on your Web and “No” if using it from Computer.
- Click on “Proceed.”
The results will present. It will undoubtedly detect and repair the corrupted company file. If the error persists, continue with the following suggestions: Fix the disparity: Make sure you’re using the uniform computer on which you’ve saved the company documents. Next, rename the files. Renaming these files doesn’t cause any data loss.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6190:
- Open the folder which contains your company file.
- Find the transaction log file, and company file, which will have the same name but distinct extensions. Such as, company file will be named as [company_filename].qbw.nd and transaction log file will be named as [company_filename].qbw.tlg.
- Right-click and select the “Rename” option. Enter any new name and only add the “-OLD” word at the end of the file name. Do not delete extension or “.qbw.nd”.
- Similarly, rename the transaction log file without omitting the extension.
- Exit the system now.
- Open QuickBooks and try to log in to the company file.
Contact QuickBooks Error Experts to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6190
If you are still getting these errors, Contact our QuickBooks Error Support team. Our QuickBooks expert service provides services all day and night, to resolve the QuickBooks Errors.