How to fix QuickBooks Error 103
- 1 How to fix QuickBooks Error 103
- 1.1 What causes QuickBooks Error 103?
- 1.2 How to fix error 103?
QuickBooks is surely a very helpful application, but its users often face different errors when using this software. One of the most common QuickBooks errors is QuickBooks error 103. This error arises or flashes when your QuickBooks login credentials are not acknowledged by the financial website.
QuickBooks is a great accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. This is a powerful accounting tool that automates different things like calculating sales tax, managing sales, and updating transactions. QuickBooks can be a very handy tool that can help you effectively grow your business. It can save you a lot of precious time by automating different aspects of your business.
In simple words, this error message means that QuickBooks software is not accepting the user login and the bank login credentials need to be updated in QuickBooks Online.
In this blog, you will learn everything related to QuickBooks error 103. We will tell you the most common reasons that can be triggering this error message. We will also tell you some proven solutions or methods that can help you fix the problem, and you will be able to use QuickBooks and all its features without any issues.
What causes QuickBooks Error 103?
There are many reasons that can trigger this error message in QuickBooks and you need to find and fix the error to restore the normal functioning of the software and access all its features. Some of the major reasons include.
Using wrong login credential
Most of the time, users actually enter wrong login credentials. This results in error 103.
Missing important files
Missing cookies and cache files can also trigger this error message in QuickBooks.
Bugs in files can also cause this login problem. Check .msi files for any such bugs.
Another reason behind this error can be missing browser configs. This can also result in error 103 in QuickBooks.
How to fix error 103?
Now let’s attempt to solve the error 10 for both existing and new connections. Here are some proven methods you can try to fix the error 103 in QuickBooks.
Method 1: To Repair QuickBooks Error 103
Step 1- Verify the login credentials
When your QuickBooks login credentials do not match with your bank website, it is always a good idea to verify your login credentials before moving to more complex methods. Make sure you have the correct bank ID and password. To confirm this, follow the listed steps.
- Go to your browser and then open your bank website
- Now sign in to your bank website using the login ID and Password you have
- Make sure you use the bank account you want to fix in QuickBooks software
- See if you are able to sign in successfully or not. If you can sign in easily, then there might be some other reasons behind this error.
- If you cannot sign in, follow the steps listed on your bank website to reset your ID or password or both.
- Once you are done, log out of your bank account and remember the new login credentials if you have changed your login ID or password or both.
Step 2- Turning on the Third-party access in your bank account
The next step is turning on third party access in your bank account. There are some banks that require you to turn on third party access so that your bank account can be accessed from other third party websites like QuickBooks Online. You can check if your bank requires you to turn on third party access by visiting the banking website.
To do this, follow the steps listed below.
- Go to your bank website and then log in to your account
- Now you need to select a user profile option
- Here you will find an option saying password and security. Click on it
- Now click on the third part access option and turn it on
- Now please return to QuickBooks online website and try to access your bank account.
Step 3- Updating the bank account details in QuickBooks
Once you are done you are now ready to sign in to your bank account in QuickBooks.
Follow the steps listed below
For existing connection
- First of all, select the Banking option from the left-hand side menu
- Now select the bank account that needs to be updated
- Click on the edit icon and then click edit sign-in info
- Now on the next page enter the correct bank login details. Make sure not to use the auto-fill feature at this point because it may enter the old login credentials.
- It is best to manually enter the details. You can also confirm it by clicking on the show button if your bank allows it.
- Finally, select the update option.
For new connections
If you are connecting your bank account for the first time, then follow the listed steps.
- Select the banking option from the left side menu.
- Now click on the connected account. You can also click on the Add Account button if you have already connected your bank account.
- You need to search your bank using the bank website. Enter the website address on the search field or enter the full name of the bank.
- Now select your bank from the search result.
- Manually enter the bank login credential and make sure not to use the auto-fill feature.
- Once done click on the continue button.
- Your bank account will now get connected with the QuickBooks online website, and the error will get resolved.
Method 2: To Resolve QuickBooks Error 103
- On the QuickBooks website, click on the banking option, which is present on the left-hand side menu.
- Next click on the edit sign-in info option.
- Now please click on the hyperlink. This will open your bank website on a new window.
- Here make sure you can see the account summary and other information related to your account.
- Now go and check if you are able to access your bank website through QuickBooks online.
This method works for a number of people, and it might also work for you. If you are still getting the error message proceed to the next method.
Method 3: To get rid of the error 103
- On the QuickBooks online website, click the transaction option
- Now click on the banking option
- Here you have to click on the add bank account
- Type the full name of your bank in the search box
- Now select your bank in the search result. Here you will see a message saying a new connection with a different login.
- Finally, sign in to your bank account using the login credentials
- Link the QuickBooks accounts you want to connect and then continue
- Click on the ok button
Done you have now successfully connected your bank account and hopefully, you will not find the error 103 again.
Method 4: To repair QuickBooks error 103
Disconnecting and then reconnecting your bank account. Here is how you can do it.
- First, you need to disconnect your bank account from QuickBooks online
- Select transactions and then click on the banking option
- This will take you to the page where the connected bank account will be displayed
- Choose the account you want to disconnect
- Click on the edit icon. And then stop or disconnect the account
- Once you are done click on the Save button
Now you have disconnected your account. The next step is to again add the same account.
To do this
- Click on the transaction and then click on the banking option
- Now click on add account option and then search your bank in the search box
- From the results select your bank and then log in using the new bank login credentials if you have changed it.
- Link your account and then click on the connect button
- Finally, click on ok
You have successfully added a bank account and now the error 103 would be now resolved.
Now check for error 103.
Note- Make sure you have performed all the methods with the utmost care. Always confirm your login details twice and do not use the autofill feature.
Contacting QuickBooks support team
If none of the above-listed methods is working for you, then you can reach out to the QuickBooks customer support team. QuickBooks support team is an excellent option for you to fix any kind of error or problem you are facing with your QuickBooks Online account. They are available for your help 24 x 7.
You can contact their support team using a direct call or email. You can also use an instant chat feature for a quick reply. They will surely help you with this error.
In case you are having any difficulties, you can also get in touch with our expert support team for further details.
We will be very happy to solve the problems you are facing with QuickBooks and resolve it at the earliest. Feel free to call us on our 24/7 QuickBooks tollfree number +1888-300-6790 for support in resolving this problem.