Quickbooks remains the best flagship product designed by Intuit to help businesses manage their accounting transactions and more. Using the software, small and medium businesses can track their overall expenses and growth. Sometimes, users face unwanted errors while working on QuickBooks desktop software. The abort error is one of the errors that appears while users work on the accounting software. There are various reasons that result in QuickBooks Abort Error. In this article, we will detail the definition, causes, and troubleshooting methods of QuickBooks abort error.
What is QuickBooks Abort Error & How to Fix it?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Abort Error & How to Fix it?
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks Abort Error
- 3 Fixation Methods of QuickBooks Abort Error
- 4 Contact QuickBooks Desktop Support Experts
QuickBooks abort when the company file or the QBWUSER.ini file is corrupted. The application crashes while trying to save transactions or while changes are made to the company file. The error asks the user to abort the current transaction and restart the software.
Causes of QuickBooks Abort Error
There are a series of events that lead to the abort error. Some of the major causes of the QuickBooks abort error are:
- When the QuickBook software gets corrupted, the error pops on the screen.
- When the company file is hosted on multiple computer systems
- If the QBWUSER.ini file is damaged or missing
- If the hardware of the Windows registry is damaged, the error will display on the screen.
- When the hibernation mode is activated while the company file is being saved
- If the firewall system is blocking crucial QuickBooks files, the error will occur.
- When a virus or malware attacks the system and damages important files, the abort error is inevitable.
Fixation Methods of QuickBooks Abort Error
We know the various causes of the error, now it becomes essential to take the necessary steps to resolve the error and avoid the hassle. Some of the fixation methods of the QuickBooks abort error are listed below.
Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
If you are working on the latest version of QuickBooks, you will find the QuickBooks Tool Hub integrated into the software. To fix the issue:
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the company file issues tab.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Once the entire process is finished, check for the error.
You can also clean install the software to resolve the issue using the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Follow the steps below:
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Installation Issues tab.
- You will see two options which will state QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and Clean Install Tool.
- Click on the clean install tool to resolve the issue.
If the abort error still appears, follow the next method.
Rename QBWUSER.ini File
You can rename the QBWUSER.ini file to resolve the abort error in QuickBooks. To rename the file, follow the point below:
- Open the Windows explorer and enable the hidden folders where the file is saved.
- Navigate to the ‘location: \ [user name] \AppData\Intuit\quickbooks[year]
- Search for the QBWUSER.ini file in the folder
- Once you find the file, right-click and select the rename button.
- Add (.OLD) extension in the file name
- Search for the (.ecml) file and rename the file in the same folder.
Check for the abort error after renaming the file. If the error appears again, follow the next method.
Verify QuickBooks Server
To check and verify the status of the QuickBooks server and hosting, follow the steps stated below:
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the File menu.
- Click on the Utility option.
- Select the stop hosting to multi-user access option
- Renavigate to the File menu
- Click on the host multi-user access.
- Open the company file and check for the abort error.
If the abort error still appears, you must try the next method.
Disable the Security Features
Sometimes the abort error appears when the essential files are damaged or restricted by antivirus or Windows Firewall. You must disable the application and the Windows Firewall to allow access to important QuickBooks files.
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Support Experts
If none of the methods works, the best option would be to reach out to the support team of QuickBooks experts. The expert team will handle the situation with efficiency. Reach out to the team at +1888-727-4587 or tap on the chatbox.
Abort Error FAQs
What Happens When QuickBooks Abort Error is Present in System?
If the abort error is present in your system, the Windows and QuickBooks application will freeze multiple times, and the inputs from the mouse and keyboard will become slow.
What is the major cause of QuickBooks Abort Error?
The abort error happens when the QBWUSER.ini file is damaged or corrupted.
How can I reach out to the QuickBooks Support team?
You can reach out to the QuickBooks error support team at +1888-727-4587 for professional assistance.