What is QuickBooks Error 2229?
Table of Contents
While taking backup of your company file in QuickBooks desktop, you receive an email notification that says Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed Error 2229. The system throws Backup error 2229 when the user fails to complete the backup process.
Cause of IDP Backup Failed Error 2229
- The user canceled the backup process
- User shutdowns QuickBooks desktop, while Intuit Data Protect backup is still running
- Intuit Data Protect setup incorrectly
How to Fix Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed Error 2229?
Usually, when desktop users schedule their backup for the first time. It takes a while to get the process done. QuickBooks users tend to minimize or cancel the process assuming it may be stuck. Which results in Backup failed error 2229.
QuickBooks experts recommend letting the backup process finish no matter how much time it takes.
A get-around for this backup failed error is the user can manually set up Intuit Data Protect to the backup company file.
Here is how you can do that.
- Go to file in QuickBooks desktop
- Click on Back Up Company
- Select Set up/Activate Online Backup
- Create your Intuit Data Protect account or sign in if you have one
- After login, Intuit Data Protect will setup
- Go through on-screen instructions to take the backup of your file
- You can also schedule the backup as you wish
Get Help with Intuit Data Protect by Experts for QuickBooks Error 2229
Intuit Data Protect is a flawless service to backup QuickBooks files and other important files in your workstation. You can easily set up Intuit Data Protect and choose the plan accordingly. Get a detailed overview of this Intuit Data Protect by a QuickBooks Enterprise support expert at +1888-727-4587.