QuickBooks Error Warning – A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing
Table of Contents
- 1 QuickBooks Error Warning – A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing
- 1.1 What is Error: Verify Target: Invalid xxxxx: Target = xxxxx Master = xxxxx View = xx. in QBWIN.log?
- 1.2 How to Fix A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing Issue?
On the QuickBooks desktop, when the user runs QuickBooks Verify or Rebuild data utility. They come across a warning message saying that a data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing.
After getting this error warning while running the utility tool. When users check the QBWin.log file, an error value is displayed such as
Error: Verify Target: Invalid xxxxx: Target = xxxxx Master = xxxxx View = xx.
What is Error: Verify Target: Invalid xxxxx: Target = xxxxx Master = xxxxx View = xx. in QBWIN.log?
When users run verify & rebuild data utility in QuickBooks, they see this Error: verify target. The root cause of the error message indicates that there are damaged non-posting transactions in the file. By non-posting transactions, we mean transactions like Sales orders, estimates, and Purchase orders.
How to Fix A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing Issue?
Here is how you can fix this error. Perform these different troubleshooting steps to recover from the error warning.
Method 1:- Delete the transaction files
Delete all the non-posting transactions showing up in QBWin.log. You can remove the transactions without any doubt as they do not affect the financial statements.
Method 2: – Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- Close all QuickBooks windows to avoid any data loss at the time of repair
- Download QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- Locate the downloaded file & launch the application
- Follow on-screen steps positively to continue the installation
- After installation, Open the Tool & allow it to run the scan
Method 3:- Re-Enter the Transactions
If you do not want to delete the transactions in QBWIN.log. Re-enter the transactions.
These transactions won’t be linked to the posting transactions after you delete or re-enter them.
Sales Order or Estimate will not be linked to an Invoice. Also, the Purchase Order will not be linked to a Bill
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts To Fix QuickBooks Warning – A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing
If you are unable to resolve this warning message or error in QBWin.log on your own. Contact support experts on +1-888-727-4587 and get a flexible solution for this warning message in no time.