What is the cause of QuickBooks error code 6189, (-6189, -82), (-6189, -77), or (-6189, -1005) in QuickBooks?
When Users try open a company file, they get an QuickBooks Error Code 6189, (-6189, -82), (-6189, -77), or (-6189, -1005). These issues can be caused by:
- Different transaction log files (.TLG). Such as a.TLG file that is much older than the company file that you are trying to open.
- Limited permissions for the users of Windows, QBDataServiceUserXX.
- You seek to open a company file in the not suitable version of QuickBooks Desktop. Such as, opening a QuickBooks 2015 company file in QuickBooks 2014.
- Maybe the company file is damaged or corrupted.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error (-6189), (-6189, -82), (-6189, -77), or (-6189, -1005)
The issue, which is causing QuickBooks error 6189, may have been settled in the latest offering for your version of QuickBooks Desktop. Update your copy of QuickBooks to the recent version, and then try to open or create the company file once again.
If you are re-opening and updating the QuickBooks and it doesn’t fix the issue, QuickBooks support suggests two solutions for this error. The first solution may fix your QuickBooks problem, or you may need to try both to settle the issue.
Solution 1 – Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. Install and run it. If the issue continues, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Manually fix the Error of -6189, XX.
- First, Rename the log file transaction:
- Open the Computer window; just press Win + E on your keyboard.
- Go to the folder which contains your company file.
- Find the transaction log file. It will be in the same name as your company file, but with an extension of.TLG.
- Rename the Transaction log file.
- Enter a different name, such as company file OLD.tlg
- Open QuickBooks, and a new transaction log file will automatically create.
- If the error repeat, make sure that the data is not encrypted:
- Select the properties, in Windows Explorer.
- Click on the General Tab.
- Choose Attributes, and then press on Advanced.
- If the Encrypt contents to secure data are selected, the file is encrypted. Clear the checkbox and press on OK.
- Copy the file, and paste it onto a desktop. If it opens, then the location of the file is damaged.
- If other users can sign in successfully, then troubleshoot the corrupted data.
Contact QuickBooks Experts To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6189
If any of the solutions don’t work, contact our QuickBooks error support team. It provides 24/7 support services, to fix the issues of QuickBooks users and gives the finest solution to users’ queries. Dial our QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-727-4587.