What is a CSV File?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a CSV File?
- 2 Why does QuickBooks Import CSV files?
- 2.1 How to import CSV into QuickBooks desktop?
- 2.2 QuickBooks Import Excel & CSV Toolkit
- 2.3 How to export CSV files in QuickBooks Desktop
CSV file stands for a comma-separated value file. It is a text file that contains values separated by commas. It contains information saved in tabular format. CSV files are with an extension .csv which can be executed in any spreadsheet application like Microsoft Excel or Google spreadsheets.
Why does QuickBooks Import CSV files?
CSV files are used to share financial information when it comes to its use on the QuickBooks desktop. Due to this, the user learns how to enable QuickBooks import CSV files to import lists into QuickBooks desktop-like transactions, reports, etc
How to import CSV into QuickBooks desktop?
As you have now understood the use of CSV files into QuickBooks desktop. In this article, we will learn how to import CSV into QuickBooks desktop step by step. Luckily you can easily import lists like items, customers, reports, etc using QuickBooks import excel & CSV toolkit.
QuickBooks Import Excel & CSV Toolkit
This toolkit contains pre-made files that are used to import CSV into QuickBooks. Learn how to download & install QuickBooks import excel & CSV toolkit. Below is a step-by-step instruction guide about the toolkit for QuickBooks desktop users.
[box type=”download”] QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV Toolkit Download Link – https://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/pages/Executable/QuickBooks_Import_Excel_and_CSV.exe
This toolkit contains 4 types of folders –
- CSV Folder – 4 examples of CSV files, one for each type of list i.e. customers, items, transactions, etc
- XLS Folder – an example Excel file containing 4 worksheets, one for each type of list
- Import from Excel & CSV Manual – a PDF document with directions, most useful examples, & reminders
- Allowed fields – a step by step guide explaining what fields are available for Excel and CSV import in QuickBooks desktop[/box]
How to Install QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV toolkit
- Download the file by clicking on the blue link above.
- Save the file on your desktop
- On your desktop, you will see a zip file QuickBooks_import_and_cxv.exe
- Unzip the file by opening it & save extracted contents in a folder
How to export CSV files in QuickBooks Desktop
Learn how to export CSV files in QuickBooks desktop step by step. CSV files are used to export lists from QuickBooks desktop-like customers & vendors, reports & items.
Export Customers & Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the Customer & Vendors center
- Click on Excel
- You will get two options
- Export Vendor & Customers List
- Export transactions
- Click on either of them to export the list
- Go to the export window to get your .csv file
- Select the location you want to save the file & click on export
Export Reports in QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on Reports in QuickBooks
- Choose the Excel option
- In send report to excel window
- Select create a new spreadsheet
- Checkmark the create .csv file option
Contact QuickBooks Desktop Experts for help with the Export/Import CSV Toolkit in QuickBooks
If you have difficulty using QuickBooks import CSV & excel toolkit. Contact QuickBooks desktop experts at +1888-727-4587 & get quick help with importing & exporting CSV files on the QuickBooks desktop.