QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006 has been encountered by many users recently while creating, opening, or working on a company file. The warning message says that there is an error while creating, opening, or using a company file, contact QuickBooks technical support, and provide them with the following error codes i.e. -6150, -1006.
Root Causes for QuickBooks error Code -6150, -1006 are :
Table of Contents
- Your computer is infected with the Cryptowall virus
- Your QuickBooks company file is damaged
- There are issues with your QuickBooks installation
In the case of the Crytowall Virus, only the QuickBooks data services team can repair it, contact them directly on the toll-free helpline number mentioned above.
There may be another reason which may have caused QuickBooks error 6150, 1006, here are some of the troubleshooting steps that you can try.
Recover your QuickBooks company file by using QuickBooks Auto data recovery
- QuickBooks auto data recovery tool will recover your lost transactions by using the original transaction file and a duplicate of your company file
- Or it will recover the lost transactions with a copy of your transaction file and company file
Restore a backup of your company file from your Local backup
Most users are recommended to get this QuickBooks error resolved by a QuickBooks expert or ProAdvisor and contact QuickBooks support to go through a hassle-free fixation.